MAKE A SPLASH
Join us for a fun and FREE day of science, arts, music, food, and celebrating the Bay.
BaySplash is a STEAM-based (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) event that revolves around three pillars: community revitalization, environmental justice, and urban sustainability; encompassing the past, present, and future of the community in which the EcoCenter serves. Our goal is to encourage the Bayview-Hunters Point community to explore and experience the EcoCenter while discovering what it means to live more environmentally friendly lives…and of course, to have fun!
We’ll be activating three zones: the STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) Zone, the HEAL (Healthy Eating Active Living) Zone, and the EcoCenter & Outdoor Exploration Zone.
October 7, 2017
EcoCenter at Heron's Head Park
Your contribution "Makes A Splash" by supporting our education and youth programs at bay.org / bay ecotarium and the EcoCenter.
You are helping to:
- Increase science literacy for San Francisco Bay Area students
- Connect our youth with nature
- Provide local educators with science lessons and plans which meet state common core and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Strengthen the Bayview-Hunters Point community's connection to the Bay and our watershed
- Advance diversity in STEAM education programs
- Continue and grow ongoing public education programs such as Science Saturdays
Want to be a sponsor? See deck below. Contact Colette Whitney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the highlights of this year's event will be the presentation of the EcoCenter Community Impact Awards. We are honoring Bayview-Hunters Point community educators, leaders, and organizations who have excelled in STEAM related service to inspire and empower the Bayview-Hunters Point community.